PUBLICATION ETHICS AND PUBLICATION MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
DOWNLOAD: PUBLICATION ETHICS AND PUBLICATION MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
The Editorial Board of CIRIEC-España revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa (CIRIEC journal of public, social and cooperative economy) will examine all articles related to public or social economy (third sector), specially those related to co-operatives, mutual benefit societies and nonprofit organizations, which are submitted to be published. The journal will give priority for publication to articles specifically dealing with the topics selected by the editorial board, which are listed in the Editorial Policy section. All articles submitted must be unpublished and not submitted to any other source for its publication. It is supposed that authors have given their consent to publish the article in this review. All articles must be written in Spanish or in English.
Papers will be evaluated by external referees. The articles’ scientific level and their contribution to the information exchange between the research field and that of those working on Public Administration and on social economy (third sector) will be some of the selective criteria. Articles may be accepted, revised to a different degree or refused. The authors of the articles accepted must renounce to the copyright of its Spanish version and authorize the review to publish their articles on its Web page as well as reproduced them in different scientific data base, as established by law.
Download instructions for authors
Download the form for the papers submitted
The papers, in Spanish or in English, should be uploaded onto the electronic management system of CIRIEC-España revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa (CIRIEC journal of public, social and cooperative economy) through the link:
In addition to use the journal electronic management system, you should send an electronic version (in pdf or .doc) of your paper to email@example.com. If you have any problems or doubts about the process please contact the personal of the journal at the same email.
The author/s must also send a sworn statement asserting that the text is entirely original, truthful, completely the author/s own and that it is not being reviewed by any other journal at the moment.
The article text, typewritten in one space must have an extension between 15 and 25 pages (maximum 100,000 characters) including tables, graphs, notes and bibliography. Both conditions must be accomplished.
For articles written in English, once the article has been accepted, authors from countries where English is not the native language must send to the journal’s secretariat a certificate issued by a professional translator stating that it has been translated and/or that the article has been checked for style and spelling.
HOW TO CITE AN ARTICLE OF THIS JOURNAL
Example: SALA, M., TORRES, T. & FARRÉ, M. (2018): “Cooperatives’ demography in times of crisis”, CIRIEC-España, Revista de Economía Pública, Social y Cooperativa, 93, 51-84, DOI: https://doi.org/10.7203/CIRIEC-E.93.11042.
Once the article has been accepted, an extended abstract of 1000 to 1500 words (maximum 21,000 characters including spaces) in length, of the appropriate type, must be submitted entirely in English for articles in Spanish, or entirely in Spanish for articles in English. The extended abstract must include the following sections: Objectives, Design / Methodology / Approach; Results / Research Limitations / Implications, Practical Conclusions and Originality. Finally, the article should be submitted using the following template.
According to what was decided in the assembly of members of CIRIEC-Spain held on 3/6/2016, concerning the publication of articles in CIRIEC-España, Revista de Economía Pública, Social y Cooperativa, for articles received as of November 1, 2016, authors who do not have the status of members of the Association must pay 90 euros in conccept of financing the edition of the Journal. This contribution will be reduced to 50% for the first article published by researchers under the age of 30 years, in order to support young researchers. This amount will be paid by each author of the article once the article has passed the external evaluation phase. CIRIEC’s individual members do not have to pay for publishing in the Journal.
COPYRIGHT FORM AND REPOSITORY
The authors of the articles accepted must renounce to the copyright ot its Spanish / English version and authorize the review to publish their articles on its Web page as well as reproduced them in different scientific data base, as established by law. Authors can deposit their article in their own personal and institutional sites.
GET INVOLVED IN THE JOURNAL: BE REFEREE AND SUGGEST SPECIAL ISSUES
If you are an expert in your research field and you wish to be a referee of this journal or you wish to suggest new thematics or special issues to CIRIEC journal of public, social and cooperative economy, don’t hesitate and contact us at:
EDITORIAL POLICY 2023-2024
CIRIEC-España revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa (CIRIEC journal of public, social and cooperative economy) will prioritise the publication of articles on the following subjects:
- Social Economy, gender and women
- Ecological transition, energy co-operatives and energy communities
- Public policies for the promotion of cooperativism and the Social Economy: from the European Action Plan for the Social Economy to the Spanish Social Economy Strategy and regional promotion plans
- The role and impact of the Social Economy on local development and territorial ecosystems
- The modification of the state laws on Social Economy, cooperatives and insertion enterprises.
- The Social Economy in figures: statistical challenges and methodologies. National and international studies
- Agricultural associations, agricultural processing companies and sustainable development goals.
- The life cycle of Social Economy enterprises and entities: survival, generational change, tensions and transformation.
- Training and education in Social Economy and Cooperativism. Teaching innovation and promotion of the cooperative culture in a context of digital transformation.
- The Social Economy and economic recovery and reconstruction policies. Next Generation Funds: opportunities and operationalisation.
- The Social Economy and ecological transition: sustainable development and circular economy.
- The Social Economy and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Social Economy and digital transition: platform cooperativism, collaborative economy and social innovation in the fourth industrial revolution.
- The Social Economy, the rural world and depopulation.
- Social Economy, youth, entrepreneurship and university
- New theories and approaches on Social Economy, Solidarity Economy, Third Sector and Social Enterprises. Relationship of Social Economy with Social Innovation, CSR, Economy for the Common Good and social entrepreneurship.
- Evaluation of the social and economic impact of the social economy. Monetisation of social value. Theories and empirical results
- Social Economy and public-private partnerships in public services: health, education, social services and care services.
- Internationalisation of the social economy and transnational cooperatives.
- History of cooperativism and the social economy
- Proximity economy and social economy
- Emerging social economy organisations
- Economic and legal obstacles to the creation and development of cooperatives and social economy enterprises
- New forms of volunteering and philanthropy
- The Social Economy and the third sector in the face of poverty and social exclusion